What We Do
Our scope of operations, partnering with professionals and resources in the region.
Overall water, sanitation, and water recovery systems planning and project management:
Assessment of need, providing and engaging necessary professional services (engineering, architecture, geology, etc.), provide specifications for construction, manage the permit and government process, project funding acquisition and management, construction oversight. Projects can be contracted through G+WT "turn-key" with G+WT contracting necessary services such as surveys and well drilling. Expect quality, not lowest price.
Water and sanitation project oversight for international donors:
Donor-funded projects are an important part of rural water supply development in Tanzania, yet most small-scale donors are remote from the project in space and time and lack experience in-country. G+WT would assess project feasibility, engage necessary services, provide project oversight, and see to stewardship of funds.
- Well site survey, pumping tests, and Data collection:
- Conduct borehole and well site surveys, including geophysics, map and image studies per Water Ministry requirements.
- We conduct our own well pumping tests to assure quality in results.
- Conduct project feasibility studies, borehole logging (geophysical and lithologic), conduct and interpret well and other hydrologic testing, and soil studies (wastewater infiltration). Borehole logging would include detailed mineral logging. Provide detailed reports to funders and owners.
- Inspection: During well construction, we inspect and document the whole process. Despite a high degree of professionalism in the public sector, Tanzania currently has a shortage of inspection capability for construction and restoration of water supply assets such as wells, dams, and tanks, pipeline leak detection, and other purposes. G+WT would supply these inspection services on a contract basis.
Related to inspection – conduct project feasibility studies, borehole logging (geophysical and lithologic); conduct and interpret well and other hydrologic testing, and soil studies (wastewater infiltration). Borehole logging would include detailed mineral logging. Provide detailed reports to funders and owners.
Landscape architecture and agriculture support:
“Ground+Water” is more than underground water, sanitation and water recovery development – establishing and enhancing natural settings and developments for soil conservation, natural beauty and comfort, agricultural productivity, including irrigation, and all those benefits that enhanced ecosystems, developed in harmony with local conditions, provide, including water reclamation.
Recruit and provide training services. We know great people capable of training in many water-related topics, and we have capabilities in Swahili to provide training and reference materials.
Import and supply equipment:
Buy-sell-lease-represent. We know where to get the best equipment for your needs, both domestically in Tanzania and internationally. We can supply pumping equipment and other installations as part of our project oversight. Our objective: “We sell Tanzanians no junk” and we select and recommend equipment best suited to the need. Our focus is always on life-cycle cost -- what the installation will cost in the long term, not on initial low cost.
Ongoing technical support and maintenance:
We can contract to provide operations and maintenance of water and wastewater systems to assure long-term optimal performance on an advisory or contract operations basis.
Within constraints, we can offer a BOO (build-own-operate) option for construction and maintenance of facilities.